Sunday, July 5, 2015

A-C-T-I-O-N

I haven't had many good results with Action Photography but on this day I was in the right spot at the right time.
Sonoma Raceway- Sonoma County-I don't think this crash was wine induced. Both riders walked away.


The funny story about this day...
My buddy Carlos has been racing motorcycles for a long time. On many occasion he tried to get me to come down and watch. No he is not one of the riders in the picture. But he has wrecked himself so often I had to ask him if his Brazilian last name translated as CRASH. Finally I took him up on the offer. Drove up in the morning, hung out with him in the pits for awhile. Hung out in the stands and watched the other races. His race was not till late in the afternoon. Once he gets his bike out on the starting grid, another delay. All the riders dismount and are grabbing a piece of what little shade is available on the race course starting line. Its almost 30 minutes before they get back on the bikes for the start. The flag drops, the engines roar, the bikes speed away. Except for Carlos. HIs bike lurched forward one time coasted to a near stop, then he putted around the course far behind the rest of the pack. His clutch broke and he could not get out of first gear. He got lapped twice before he got around once. Do you think he ever heard the end of it?  Motorcycle Music.......

No comments:

Post a Comment